Saturday, December 1, 2012

Wedding Cake for Aubree and Mike

I made this cake for Aubree and Mike back at the end of the summer, so this should be another summer update post. (ummm....in December WOW.)
This was one of the most challenging cakes I've make.  All chocolate cake with ganoche in the middle layer and chocolate buttercream in the other two layers...of each 5 tiers.  Yummy!  My first attempt at gum paste flowers, (thank you to the wonderful Chris who showed me how it's done) turned out really well!  People at the party thought they were real---success!  (Side note: these people really know how to throw a party!)


Now Colton is engaged (congratulations!), getting married right after Christmas, and I won't even be in the country to make his cake--sorry Colton I really wish I could!   

No comments: